steps to give ad-hoc reporting to end users

• Hi,

This is first time I am using report builder..

I need to clear few points before I can work with the users for the licenses and all

I created a report model and I was able to used it to drag and drop and view /run query to see the data,but when it comes to users I have these questions:

1. How will users open this model directly to develop their own adhoc query and reports.

2. How will they save their queries in report builder and print and export them.

I have never worked on this tool before..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Learner1 (3/24/2015)

Hi,

This is first time I am using report builder..

I need to clear few points before I can work with the users for the licenses and all

I created a report model and I was able to used it to drag and drop and view /run query to see the data,but when it comes to users I have these questions:

1. How will users open this model directly to develop their own adhoc query and reports.

2. How will they save their queries in report builder and print and export them.

I have never worked on this tool before..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Users can connect to Report Builder from your Reporting Services site. They can save them wherever they have access to on the Reporting Services site.

Depending on how Reporting Services is configured, they could have the folder My Reports and that would be a good place to direct them to save.

Once they create and save the file, then they can edit it from Reporting Services. On the right side of the report name, there is a arrow button. One of the options is Edit in Report Builder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply