Steps for Installing AlwaysOn Availability Groups - SQL 2019

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Steps for Installing AlwaysOn Availability Groups - SQL 2019

• Thanks for this info!

-- webrunner

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• Thank you

• Cluster quorum settings is missing from the WSFC configuration

• Thank you for the article.

Can I ask: when you day: Enter port number 1433, and enter the IP address for your listener.  This should be an unused IP address on your network.

As my limited network knowledge, this IP address is just some IPAddress available in our network, or this IP address actually means or belongs to a computer object that will host listener? I hope we don't need another computer in order to setup AOG.

Thanks

• sqlfriend wrote:

Thank you for the article.

Can I ask: when you day: Enter port number 1433, and enter the IP address for your listener.  This should be an unused IP address on your network.

As my limited network knowledge, this IP address is just some IPAddress available in our network, or this IP address actually means or belongs to a computer object that will host listener? I hope we don't need another computer in order to setup AOG.

Thanks

The IP for the listener just needs to be a free IP within the subnet.  No additional hardware/VM needed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply