starting SSIS from a stored procedure or passing parameters to SSIS from SPs

• Hi guys

I have an application that was developed in SQL 2005 on a 32bit windows 2003 server.

This application is on demand by the user reading information from both ACCESS 2007 and SQL Server combining then the result.

In order to access the ACCESS database the application build a Linked Server that point to it.

We have a requirement to move our applications to a 64 bit server.

In order to access the ACCESS database we need the Jet Engine which do not exist for x64 machines.

So in order to tackle this situation I decided to off load part of the application to SSIS.

This piece of the application create the linked server, read and copy the data from ACCESS to SQL.

During this process i need to pass a primary key value (INT) to the SSIS package that will have to copy data from ACCESS to soem table to SQL.

1. The SSIS cannot be scheduled, must be an automated process fired by the app on demand of the user.

2. a PK have to be passed to the SSIS in order to complete le load correctly.

for the point 1....i was thinking to embed the SSIS into a job without schedule and fire the job from the stored proc but for the point 2?

:w00t::w00t:

• This is a duplicate thread already being answered here:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic844735-391-1.aspx

Please don't double, or triple in this case, post. I know you want to get your question answered, but posting multiple threads won't help much.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply