Starting SQL under Local Account

• I have a server which is not taking part in any replication or email or the like and so has it's services starting under local accounts as recommended.

If I then create a job and make the owner my domain account, the job fails saying "Unable to determine if the owner of Job 1 has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user"

I understand the job runs under the security account of the SQL Agent - the local account - and that it's unable to check my domain account.

Does this mean I can't start SQL Agent under a local account and also used Domain Windows Authentication for anything?

cheers

• From my experience it is possible to run a job with sql server agent being a local admin

Do you have the necessary permissions?

I normally use a domain account for my agent

Changing job owner to a standard sql server user or to an a user with sysadmin rights

should solve your problem

Mike

• Thanks Mike

My domain account is a sysadmin within SQL and the local startup account is a local admin so permissions shouldn't be an issue.

SQL logins will certainly work however I'm trying to move more towards windows authentication and would like to cut down their use wherever possible.

It's more likely just me doing something wrong....

cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply