Stairway to XML: Level 7 - Updating Data in an XML Instance

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Stairway to XML: Level 7 - Updating Data in an XML Instance

• I haven't read your entire series yet (though I certainly intend to do so) but while scanning through this level it struck me you that you are referring to typed and untyped xml as if the difference would be that one has namespaces and the other hasn't. Forgive me if I have missed the essence of your writings by not reading it all yet, but I am pretty sure this is not the difference between the two. Instead 'untyped xml' is all xml text that is put into an xml variable/column declared as being of type 'xml'. It becomes 'typed xml' when the variable/column is validated against a schema by declaring the variable/column of type 'xml(CONTENT <schema collection name>)' or 'xml(DOCUMENT <schema collection name>)'

Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden[/url]
    Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw[/url]
    Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden[/url]
    Cross Tabs and Pivots - Jeff Moden[/url]
    Catch-all queries - Gail Shaw[/url]

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

• I have reviewed this post and half way down it. I came upon a typo. It has referenced the type() when I believe it is the text().

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply