Stairway to SQL Server Agent - Level 11: Maintenance Plan Jobs

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Stairway to SQL Server Agent - Level 11: Maintenance Plan Jobs

• ok,good,very good.

• check out ola.hallengren.com

Problem with this maintenance solution is that it doesn't take backup of new databases. You manually need to add it to the job. Hallengren's solution fixes all these problems.

• Selecting "All Databases" or "All user databases" will backup any new databases automatically. I also recommend Hallengren's solutions but I just use the index maintenance. I feel that backups and integrity checks are very easily managed by maintenance plans... although to be fair I've not compared all the options of Hallengren's backup and integrity solutions to those in the maintenance plans.

David

• runaldo (2/15/2012)

check out ola.hallengren.com

Problem with this maintenance solution is that it doesn't take backup of new databases. You manually need to add it to the job. Hallengren's solution fixes all these problems.

Ola's stuff addresses a HUGE range of flaws and shortcomings with the SQL Server Maintenance Plans! I recommend it to every one of my clients whether they be mom-and-pop or Fortune 500.

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply