SSRS Subscriptions General Question

• We have around 2000+ subscriptions currently running in Daily, Weekly, Monthly basis.  is there any way we can create general configuration table includes schedule part, render format, frequency.  Data driven subscriptions are good to use but schedule is one thing can't store in table. We have to pick from report itself.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  koti.raavi.
  • I think this information should already be captured in a few tables.  Looking at the table ReportSchedule, joining that back to Schedule, Catalog, and ExecutionLogStorage, you can see the timed subscriptions (Schedule.EventType), report name(Catalog.path OR catalog.Name), render format(ExecutionLogStorage.Format), and frequency (Schedule.RecurranceType, Schedule.MinutesInterval, Schedule.DaysInterval, Schedule.WeeksInterval, Schedule.DaysOfWeek, Schedule.DaysOfMonth, Schedule.Month, and Schedule.MonthlyWeek) along with other useful information such as the parameters, how long it ran for, who ran it, if it was successful or not, how much data went across, etc.

EDIT - disregard this reply.  Re-read the original question and realized that this isn't what you are trying to do.  Lesson I learned - don't try to answer questions on SSC before coffee.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• If you search this site for "Data-Driven Subscriptions using Standard Edition" you'll find a few articles covering different approaches. One of which I wrote quite a while ago. All should give you the info you need to accomplish your goal.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply