SSRS Subscription email authorization options

• We recently had a BI person leave the company and report subscriptions stopped being sent. They had setup a bunch of them and was the owner and since we never configured email at the server level all subscriptions used the owner credentials.

We are now going to setup email at the server level using SSRS Config manager.

Our email admin suggested... with our migration to Exchange Online the preference would be to configure authenticated mail settings using a modern authentication mechanism with Microsofts graph API.

Is anyone familiar with this or know if this is an option?

• My $0.02.  I'm not familiar with either (SSRS Config manager nor MS Graph API), so maybe this is already what you are doing with the former and this isn't helpful...

We had the same problem when staff leaves, so we have a SQL server script that runs weekly and updates the ReportServer database checking for new subscriptions and changing the subscription owner from the individual developers over to a service account.  I'm on the BI side, so I don't have expertise with the specifics on the IT site.  Although, I'm happy to ask...

🙂 Jon

"When it comes to report design and development, I have a list of pet peeves a mile wide. You might think the list would be a mile long, but I like to turn it on its side, sharpen the end, and poke people with it." - Me

• @Gerckens.3 thanks for the suggestion. This is how we initially fixed the problem and now I own all the subscriptions.

I thought we could configure an account in the SSRS Config Manager that would be the sender for all subscriptions but that doesn't appear to be the case unless the account I got from our network team isn't configured for SMTP access.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply