SSRS Stored Credentials

• I have been working with SSRS since 2003, and have set up many systems that use stored credentials - so I know how to do it!
    On the current system, setup by a software vendor, but we have full content manager permissions, and full SQL sysadmin permissions, but we don't have Windows Server access.
    A data source has been configured with stored credentials. Reports using this data source work fine. When we set a report to use caching or snapshots, the error "credentials are not stored" appear.
    I discovered an older report, using a datasource in a different folder structure had stored credentials, and the report could use caching. I set my report to use that data source, but same credentials message. I moved my report to the same folder as the other report, and I could then configure caching! I have Content Manager permissions on all the folders.
    We also have shared datasets using the first datasource, and caching works fine on those.

Q Are there any other permissions or settings that would prevent the use of caching or snapshots in particular folders?

Thanks
    Derek

• Just resolved my own problem. The issue was a header report that was used in all our reports. This header report had been created from a template that included a data source. the stored credentials error referred to the subreport, not the main report. By moving the main report to another folder, I was running the report without the subreport. Recreated the header report and it worked in the original folder. On examining the original header I realised it had a datasource associate with it, although it was not being used.

Hope my experience might be of use to someone!

Derek

• derek.pike - Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:48 AM

Just resolved my own problem. The issue was a header report that was used in all our reports. This header report had been created from a template that included a data source. the stored credentials error referred to the subreport, not the main report. By moving the main report to another folder, I was running the report without the subreport. Recreated the header report and it worked in the original folder. On examining the original header I realised it had a datasource associate with it, although it was not being used.

Hope my experience might be of use to someone!

Derek

Thanks for posting back - it really does help when others find this post when searching for the same thing.

Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply