SSRS required services

• Good day to all.

I would like to know what are the ff. required services on SSRS2012? My acquired service unit has a pre-installed MSSQL 2012 from the previous developer. Is there a testing port after activating/installing the report service.

Appreciate your kind help.

• on the server that is running the SSRS Service, you should find the Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

run that, and there is a tab to show you the database it connects to, as well as what port the SSRS service is listening to:

if you connect to the sql server and select * from ReportServer.dbo.Catalog and and select * from ReportServer.dbo.ExecutionLog2 , if there are only two records, there are no reports at all, and if there are no recent records in ExecutionLog2 , you could probably deprecate it; if the reports exist or executions exist, it is in use, you can follow the links in the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and find if it is running and more details.

configuration-manager-2012-r2-reporting-services-and-ssl-1[1]

Reporting%20Services%20Configuration%20Manager%20start%20screen[1]

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you Sir Lowell. I manage to check and run the report service via Report Services Configuration Manager. The Report Server is up and running.

Now,  I checked the Report Server Web Service URL, click the link and it was asking for a username and password. I don't know the default account being used or associated to it. Try using the 'sa' account but no avail.

• this is a typical permissions thing in SSRS.  you want to connect from the server itself, and then add your domain group or domain logon to fix that.

it follows the rules of if you have access to teh server itself, you are granted access via local administrators.

from the server running the SSRS service, go to the locahost web portal url.

so if the web service url was http://MyReportServer:80/Reports_SSRS

use  http://localhost:80/Reports_SSRS

that should get you in the door, and you can add logins to the site and you can go to Manage Folders...Add whoever is appropriate.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you for your response and effort sir Lowell

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply