SSRS Report Sorting with Grouping Issue

• The SSRS tablix row group is CaseNo and Type, and sum(Net). I want to sort by Net descendent. I added the sorting in Tablix Properties - Sorting as Net desc (sum(Net) gets error). However, if the CaseNo is the same, the sorting was wrong. How can it be sorted only the Net desc regardless the CaseNo? Thanks.

Sorting

• I think the problem you are seeing is because you are sorting on the group (just guessing here). If you sort the tablix instead of the row groups, it will sort by the value you are wanting. IF you sort by the group, then the sorting is applied to the group in which case it appears to be sorting how I'd expect.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Thanks Brian,

It is resolved by adding Net as the Parent Group.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply