SSRS Report

• can we display msgbox or a message from a SSRS report , if report fails to connect to data source

• This happens by default. Instead of the Report Processing page you get something along the lines of...

An error occurred during report processing.

Cannot create connection to data source 'MyDSName'.

For more information...

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Thanks Luke

Can we show a informative meaage to the user instead of the Showing the Error message thrown by the Reporting server

• I think perhaps if you're using some sort of custom front end or application you could test the DS first and only then show the report, but as for what's natively available with SSRS I don't think you have much in the way of options. Someone wrote an article about popping up a Messagebox once but in the end it wasn't very successful. It only worked in VS as the report server didn't have the appropriate control available to it.

You may be able to make something work with custom code, but I'm not sure as I've never tried it. I'd be very interested if you figure something out however. If you do get a solution working, it would make for a good article.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply