I am getting the following error when trying to open the Query Designer for the a report Dataset in Report Builder.
The report runs successfully in the browser and in Report Builder. And the data sources for the report validate successfully.
I also checked for TLS issues, but the report server is correctly using TLS 1.2 as required by our shop. The Current report server listed at the bottom of the Report Builder design window appears to be correct as well.
The only other things I can think of (but don't know how to fix) are:
- The report server uses https, is the Query Designer not properly connecting on https/port 443?
- We have a secondary URL with a different name to accommodate another web site name the clients wanted. It is the name of the old server from which we upgraded. Is Report Builder somehow trying to connect the now decommissioned server that used that URL?
- Does Report Builder need port 80 to allow Query Designer to open?
- Is something on the SQL Server side blocking the connection?
The wait operation timed out
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.
The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL
Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.)
Thanks for any help.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by webrunner.