SSRS Parameters OLEDB

• Hi

I am using OLEDB to connect to an Oracle. I have two parameter which I want to use in my dataset query. What should I put for the parameter.

Dataset Query:

Parameter positions are indicated as YearParameter and MonthParameter

SELECT        DATA_FACT2.HMO_ID, DATA_FACT2.HRS_AUTH, DATA_FACT2.HRS_PAID, DATA_FACT2.Year, DATA_FACT2.Month, DATA_FACT2.RPT_TYPE

FROM            DATA_FACT2

WHERE        (DATA_FACT2.Year = YearParameter) AND (DATA_FACT2.Month IN ('04', '05', '01', '02', '03')) AND (DATA_FACT2.Month = MonthParameter) AND (DATA_FACT2.RPT_TYPE = 'M') OR

(DATA_FACT2.Year =  YearParameter) AND (DATA_FACT2.Month IN ('06', '07', '08', '09', '10', '11', '12')) AND (DATA_FACT2.Month = MonthParameter) AND (DATA_FACT2.RPT_TYPE = 'M')

ORDER BY DATA_FACT2.HMO_ID, DATA_FACT2.Month

Thank you very much.

Ijaz

• You really should use the Oracle Connection - and make sure you have installed the Oracle client on your workstation and the SSRS server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-data/oracle-connection-type-ssrs?view=sql-server-ver15

If using the Oracle provider, your parameters would be defined with the prefix ':'.  For example:

SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE p1 = :p1

If you must use OLEDB, the parameters are positional and denoted with a ?.  For example:

SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE p1 = ?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply