SSRS - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

•  

Hi All

SQL Server version: 2016 SP2 CU13

I have one particular report that keeps giving me the error below....All other reports work just fine.

An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError)
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

According to the Execution log, the report ran last a month ago and as far as I know, nothing in the environment has changed.

The Reporting Services log shows the same error.

Uploading the same report to a different instance (SQL 2017) produces no issues.

Has anyone seen this before?

Where do I start looking?

Thanks

• Is there anything obviously different about this report, when compared with other reports which are working OK?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks

I had a look at the XML of the problematic report and I cannot see anything obvious. My knowledge of developing reports is very limited though.

I took the ReportServer & ReportServerTempDB databases and plugged them into another reporting server of the same version and the report worked there.

I ran a trace on the problematic server and it seems that the report isn't even hitting the ReportServer database so based on that, I'm guessing the problem is specific to that report server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply