SSRS Line Width issue only in Report Server

• Hi all,

I am having a frustrating issue with Reporting Services. I have a few lines on the page to separate sections of a report.

Page Header

I have a page header with a $ total followed by a line spanning the width of the 7.5" page, and under that line the date params of the report.

Page Body

I then have a rectangle in the main section; containing the report title, line, chart, line and tablix.

Page Footer

Finally, in the footer, a line and an expression showing the page number.

All standard stuff. But when deployed, running the report (in IE8) from the Report Server, the lines within the rectangle, surrounding the chart, are too wide. They should line up with the lines in the header and footer. I've set them the same width and length.

I thought perhaps the chart was pushing wide, causing the issue, but when I put a border around the chart those line up. I just can't control top, right, bottom, left lines on a chart object it seems, if I could just have a top, bottom line I would simply use this.

What's funny is if I export the report to PDF, it lines up perfectly. Running the report in Visual Studio 2008 it lines up perfectly. Just viewing from the Report Server site is where it doesn't.

I can't seem to figure out why. See attached examples!

Visual Studio Design View

Report Server View (IE 8)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mike

• I solved it, which is a hack but will have to do.

Report title in its own rectangle with bottom border only serving as a separator line.

Chart in its own rectangle.

New rectangle with top border only serving as a separator line.

Tablix in its own rectangle.

Funnily enough, below did not work.

Report title in its own rectangle.

Line tool outside rectangle.

Chart in its own rectangle.

Line tool outside rectangle.

Tablix in its own rectangle.

The lines, outside the chart and tablix rectangles, still pushed too wide.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply