SSRS Ignoring Page Breaks in Subreports

• I am having an issue with SSRS ignoring page breaks in a subreport.  

There is a parent report called SitePacketCurrent.  T
    his report has 2 parameters  :
    Sitename (MultiSelect text Parameter)
    And Reporttypes (MultiSelect text Parameter)
    These are both fed from a database. 
    This a tablix with row groups for Sitename and ReportType that is fed from a cross joining of the queries used to populate Sitename & ReportTypes.  The tablix has a filter for sitename & reportType.
    Inside that tablix is a subreport Called SitepacketCurrentSub. 

SitePacketCurrentSub has 5 different subreports, all placed on the same location with a visibility expression based on the ReportType for each report. There is also a parameter for site that is passed to all of the subreports. 

One of the reports I have in the SiteType SitePacketCurrentSub is called LocalAdminsCurrent. 
    This report has a tablix with a row group for machinename. The row group properties has all 3 options for a page break checked at this point (Between each instance, also at the start, also at the end). 

When I run this report on its own, it does not have any issues, and has page breaks.  When I run this report as a part of SitepacketCurrentSub, it has page breaks between the machinename group. When I run it inside of the sitepacketCurrent report however, it loses the page breaks between each of the machinename rowgroups. 

Is there a way to fix this?  Since it only seems to be occurring When I am at the 3rd level of nesting. is this an inherent issue with SSRS, or something with how I built my report?

• Any luck with this? I am currently having a similar issue as well.

• For any future folks who wander here, the problem in my case was that the subreport was contained within a merged cell. Once I modified the report in a way that the merged cell was a single cell, the page breaks in the subreport started working again.

• *edit* Thanks for posting your solution natek11. I hope this helps the original poster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply