SSRS Configuration Error

• Hi Team,

I have SSRS 2016 Standard edition installed on my Windows server 2012.

When I change my ReportServer Database to a SQL Instance which is SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition, I get below error:I thought this error was valid only if we are using Evaluation edition.

Any pointers on this would be helpful.

The feature: "Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Lurking inside BOL from Microsoft i could see the next section.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/reporting-services-features-supported-by-the-editions-of-sql-server-2016?view=sql-server-2017

Edition requirements for the report server database

When you create a report server database, not all editions of SQL Server SQL Server can be used to host the database. The following table shows you which editions of the Database Engine you can use for specific editions of SQL Server Reporting Services.

Looks like you can't use a Developer SQL Server with a Standard Report Service, to use Standard version of Report Service you must either have Enterprise or Standard editions.

Looks like the only way to go is installing Developer edition of Reporting Services for Developer edition of SQL Server Instance.

• Yes I realised this as well, I connected to Standard & Enterprise it worked. Thanks for the response

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply