SSRS conditional reporting

• Hi,

I have  a SSRS report and I am using Email delivery type as option for subscription. I want to send the report to different recipients based on parameter values which comes from a  SQL query.

I set up report parameters in the subscription page.

1. Resource name  Enter value  (null ) as shown in Capture1 . When I hit apply, it get changed to
    2. Resource name  leave  blank as shown in Capture2 .

Please help which option to use. I want to send correct data to each recipient.

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • If you have Enterprise Edition you can use a data-driven subscription.  If you are running Standard Edition - then you would create separate subscriptions for each set of email recipients.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• I have Enterprise Edition . My question is how to set the Delivery Option Email and Report parameter value .

• Setup a data-driven subscription...you then create a query that returns the appropriate data and assign those values to each of the parameters for the email.

You can set the report parameters to a value from the dataset...

You just need a query to define the data elements and you would return 2 rows from that dataset.  The first row for the first set of recipients and the report parameter to be used - and the second row for the second set of recipients and the report parameter to be used for that set.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply