SSRS cascading parameter doesn't change value when upstream parameters change

• My report has a title that is based on the values in a couple of parameters. I'd like to add a feature to the report where the user can overtype the value for that title when the logic that sets it doesn't give quite the result they'd like.

I tried adding a parameter for that title for which I set a default based on the title returned in the dataset based on those other 2 parameters. That seemed to work great, I'd enter an account ID and press tab and the title parameter was filled in. I could overtype that and the amended text would appear as the title of the report.

However, if I enter a new account ID and press tab, the title remains as that I typed earlier instead of being refreshed as I'd expect.

I thought that setting Always Refresh on the Title parameter would do the trick but it doesn't.

This screen capture shows the starting position when I first click Preview in Visual Studio. The parameter I refer to as Title above is the one marked Cover Page Name.

Screenshot1

I enter a value for Account ID and press tab and the Cover Page Name is filled in.

Screenshot2

I overtyped it with the value I want to use instead and run the report where the revised text appears.

Screenshot3

I then changed the Account ID and pressed tab but the Cover Page Name parameter is not updated.

Screenshot4

Can anyone advise on what I've done wrong?

Nick

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply