SSRS 2016 : MS Edge and IE 11

• We upgraded our BI server to use SQL 2016.

The reports we built on SSRS 2016 on the SSRS server has a weird problem.

Unable to open SSRS Report in Internet Explorer 11 & Microsoft Edge (Blank Screen).

Internet Explorer Versions prior to 11, as well as other browsers such as Chrome/Firefox display correctly.

We open the reports via the SSRS api. The application can be run via any browser but when opening a report (via Edge and IE 11) it doesn't display.

Have anyone found this issue, and a possible solution.

[font="Courier New"]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    😀 Arguing with Programmers are like wrestling a pig in mud, soon you realize the pig is enjoying it. 😀
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

• Interesting. I remember there being problems with older versions of SSRS and IE 11, but that was fixed with updates to SQL.

I did a quick search and came across the following. Does this apply to your situation?

SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3666/sql-server-reporting-services-ssrs-is-not-compatible-with-internet-explorer-11/

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Thanks Joie

I tried the "Fix the SSRS Compatibility Issue at the Server Level" option, but it seems SSRS 2016 dont have that metatag.

This fix seem to relate to older versions of SSRS.

[font="Courier New"]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    😀 Arguing with Programmers are like wrestling a pig in mud, soon you realize the pig is enjoying it. 😀
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

• Hi Rofty, Usually IE 11 should not be blank when viewing any SSRS report, the formatting might be a bit bad, which the part below
    should fix:

In Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11), click on the Menu bar, click Tools, click 'Compatibility View settings',
    for Add this website: type localhost, click Add, close IE 11 and open again. Try viewing report and see if it makes a difference.

• Did you ever find a way to force SSRS 2016 to IE compatability version 10?

I have a developer looking for a server side fix.

Thanks!

Pat Groce
    Database Analyst III
    Information Technology Dept.
    State of North Dakota

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply