SSRS 2008, using BIDS/VS 2008 for report design.

• SSRS 2008, using BIDS/VS 2008 for reports design.

It does not look straightforward at all.. i accidentally closed the Report Data Window! And now I spent hours going through all possible menues and choices to add it back - no luck ..

HOW CAN I REOPEN THE CLOSED REPORT DATA WINDOW?

From what menus? Or from Toolbox? how? Can't find either help or info in tutorials..

Please, try to close your Report Data Window in VS 2008, then open it again, and PLEASE tell me how you did it !

Thanks A LOT.

Vlad

Likes to play Chess

• You wouldnt be thinking of the report data option, which is the last option on the view menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• A strange thing is that my last item under View Menu is PropertyPages, and not Report Data. Possibly, there was some intentional or accidental customization of my menus. Where else could the Report Data window get moved?

thanks.

Likes to play Chess

• I have the same problem. Report Data tab is missing and Report Data Window also. It really absent in vs menu items (

Vlad had you find solution ?

• This may be a dumb questions, but do you actually have a report open? It will not show up if you don't.

Mike

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”...Robert McCloskey

• Yes, found a nice solution. CTRL+ALT+D keyboard shortcut combination displays the report data window at any time. Great shortcut to remember.

Vlad

Likes to play Chess

• Yes, found a nice solution. CTRL+ALT+D keyboard shortcut combination displays the report data window at any time. Great shortcut to remember.

Vlad

Likes to play Chess

Vlad

Likes to play Chess

• :-)Ah yes... The old CTRL + ALT + D immediate reboot command.:-)

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply