SSRS 2008 sp1 Page Break - on multi grouping

• Hey all! Didn't see a BI Forum for 2008 so I am just gonna post it here...

Here is my problem we have a report that is pulling back within a report view that has no page breaks on it and for one certain type of request that is passed through is a very large report well over a few gb of data.

Well I've been messing with the design mode looking at the Row Group properties and when I add page breaks the report renders and displays in seconds.. but only one problem... heh its limiting only 1 item per page with example 9,831 pages left to tab through...

So my question is how to I have a set amount of 10-20 records per page using Row groups - page breaking.

just an fyi I am not a BI Developer.. so if my lingo isnt correct please let me know :w00t:

• Heh... I thought that SSRS was supposed to be simple to do stuff like this with. I'm thinking about learning SSRS (it's a 4 letter word to me :-P) but I couldn't stand seeing a "0 replies" on this one from two days ago and thought I'd bump the post for you.

This seems like it should be an easy thing to do... since I've never used SSRS before, I wouldn't mind knowing this myself. Does anyone have a clue on how to do this?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply