SSRS 2008 R2 XSLT XML export to Excel

• I have a report in SSRS 2005 that along with a XLST transform is used to turn an XML export from a report server report into an Excel document when saved and double clicked. The Excel file has preset boring things like page set up for printing etc, and tab names. There are 7 tabs created by the export in the example given. I have very little experience of these transforms, and my only ambition is to get it working in 2008 R2 again by modifying the XSLT as needed- it's one of then last things on our tag list after migration.

When moved to SSRS 2008 R2 this broke, and only the first tab, which had attributes embedded in the <Report> element is now created. I exported the XML file, without using the XSLT from SSRS Visual Studio, and amended as https://go4answers.webhost4life.com/Example/rs-rendering-xml-format-xslt-generate-12093.aspx. (it was the first example that mentioned namespaces and I could understand at a very simple level). There was also an extra node introduced in the XML.

When I ran the XSLT debugger in Visual Studio 10 using the modified XSLT with namespace before the node names in the for each and input XML, this produced (bar the first line) an XML ile with exactly the previous behaviour. Unfortunately, even when the XSLT is changed in the report dev env the same sympton of truncation to only one tab happens.

I'll be exceptionally grateful to anybody who helps cures the problem. My alopogies the files are quite big, as I'm not sure what is critical

I've added the files

XSLT2005and2008R2.txt -- Contains both XSLT, hopefully with XML comments seperating them

Original2005and2008R2Output.txt The output via XSLT from VS again seperated with comments

Output2008R2SSRSXMLPreXSLT.txt Without any XSLT interference from VS for 2008

• It appears there was a mal****ing in the DEV environment that meant the latest XSLT was not being used when exporting the XML file:pinch:. In despair I logged onto another server this morning, and it worked like a dream. :w00t:

So the XSLT laoded does work, and better apparently than my understanding of how to drive the new DEV environment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply