SSRS 2008 R2 performance problems

• We are currently running RS 2008 and are testing Reporting Services 2008 R2. We found an issue where a report runs fine in 2008 and fails in R2. We checked the SQL statement using profiler and it the sql runs fine, but it seems to lock up while processing the report. It actually locks up Internet Explorer completely saying 'Not Responding' until it loads -sometimes after 10 mintes. If we filter down the number of results it runs. If remove the toggling, then it runs. However, it works fine in 2008. Has anybody else ran into this issue?

thanks in advance

• Can't say I have...but...are your IE versions exactly the same? SP levels etc?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Althought I don't believe this is related to version differences, if you are using stored procedures look into parameter sniffing. I have had reports that take 10 minutes to load take less than 10 seconds after I did some work to mitigate problems caused by parameter sniffing.

• We checked sql profiler and the execution log and the data retrieval is fine. However, the processing of the report is the killer in R2. It is mainly on the interactive reports where we add toggling and optional grouping. If we remove the toggling then it renders. We even checked IE version 6, 7, and 8. Same Problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply