SSRS 2008 R2, all of a sudden Error 404

• Hi all

I've had SSRS installed on my server for a few months now and have developed a few reports which was running with out any problems, but this week I'm getting a IE error of Error 404, File or directory not found.

when I go "SQL Server Configuration manager" and select SSRS under SQL Server services, and try the configure button, I get No report servers were found on the specified machine, Details, Invalid namespace.

However, if I go directly from the start menu, to reporting services configuration manager, it picks up the server name as well as the Report Server Instance.

But under the Report Manager URL, the URL http://jhb-tvlicmis:80/Reports again gives the "The page cannot be found" error

I see under IIS that the default web site is stopped, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with SSRS but when i try to start the web site i get "iis was unable to start the site, another site may already be using the port you configured for this site.

I'm not sure what has changed, but the server is set for auto updates and maybe something new was installed, but I doubt it.

And please excuse, but I only have limited knowledge of SSRS and IIS setups so if you do have any suggestions regarding this problem, please be very specific on where I need to check or change things. :w00t:

Many thanks

• Well after 2 days I've sorted it out. Could not get anything to run, but finally decided to go to the extreme. Un-installed and did a re-install. Created a new Database as well as new virtual directory for the reports. This sorted everything out, now just to redloy the reports back to the new directory.

Luckly there is not to many reports as yet and the users have not started using them.

Hope this will help someone someday

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply