SSRS 2008 R2

• I have created reports in SSRS 2008 R2 and i created data-source with remote server database (database in remote server) with administrator account.

when I tried to access the same report from remote servers, getting following error message

but report could access from same server, on which Report server has installed.

"An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSource1'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

My question is...

is it possible to access reports that if we install Report Service in one server and Database in another server ?

if it is possible, what security need to apply to access reports from remote servers ?

• 1. The Report Server must be able to open a SQL Connection to the SQL Server

(I assume this is OK as you can run the report locally)

2. The 'Connect using' option in the DataSource on the Report Server must match the security access set/allowed on the remote Database

What is the 'Connect using' set to on the Report Server?

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• can you please navigate where the option ''Connect using' in Report Server

i did not find this option in Data Source

• Use a browser to connect to the Report Server (http://servername/Reports/)

Click on folder containing the DataSource

Click on the DataSource

This will show the connection properties

Anon.

• Thanks a lot. its working now.

and i have two more doubts...

1) Could we install only Reporting Service and Report Server in a Server without SQL Instance ?

2) I have one requirement that i want to generate 650 Customer Reports in 650 excel files, one excel file for each customer and load into one specific folder. Each excel file name should be respective customer name and sheet name as well.

Can you please give me a Solution?

• 1. I believe so yes however I have never done so. You will need a separate SQL Server license though.

2. Only R2 has the ability to name worksheet(s) via the PageName property (even with an expression).

You can code an app to process the 650 reports and save the render output in a filename of your choice.

Anon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply