SSRS 2008 Cannot connect to remote Server

• I have SSRS configured on the app server boxes.It works fine if i used the ipaddress or the localhost on porrt 81 for the reportserver and report manager url.

soon after i changed it the ipaddress to host header it stopped working and gives me the following error :

Cannot connect to the remote server

and the log says as follows :

ui!ReportManager_0-1!8d8!02/07/2011-14:41:16:: e ERROR: Unable to connect to the remote server

ui!ReportManager_0-1!8d8!02/07/2011-14:41:16:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500

-------Details--------

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xxx.xx.xx.xxx:81

All this is in SSRS 2008 and winodws server 2008 r2. Do any of u guys resolved such kind of issue ?

• "the target machine actively refused it" is the key here.

It means the server you are trying to connect to is configured to refuse that connection. You'll need to check the settings on that. Start with the firewall on it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• The firewall is configured well coz i can work well when its case of using the ipaddress for the urls

instead of hostheader

• Then it's actively rejecting it for some other reason.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply