SSRS 2005: Subreport with parameters

• Good Day everyone,

Can I get help on how to make my report parameters on the subreport to be fixed as the main report selected parameters.

The types of parameters that I have are StartDate and EndDate and both dates source from the same field on the source table.

So they work like between operator.

Everytime when I make a selection on the main report with different dates i.e. StartDate (2011-04-01) and EndDate (2011-04-15) when I go to the subreport my selected parameters would be changed and be the same StartDate and EndDate i.e. StartDate (2011-04-01) and EndDate (2011-04-01).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Hi,

If your requirement is to pass the date time from main report to sub report, you can make the parameters in sub report hidden and use them in the query. Let me know if i understood you wrong or you need more information.

• Yeah you should be passing the main report's parameters to the subreport, there's a tab listing parameters to pass along in the subreport control.

• I tried that already but the subresport was still giving me the same problem. I sorted the problem by including my selected parameters on the select query and point my subreport parameters to them

• Looks to me that the query in your subreport is not correct.

Do you use two hidden parameters in your subreport for StartDate and EndDate both of type datetime ?

If so, do you use these parameters also in your subreport-query ?

Looks to me that you use StartDate two times in your query in stead of StartDate and EndDate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply