SSRS 2005 PDF RENDERING TEST CLUSTERING NO RECENT REPORT CHANGES

• I am having an issues that manifested itself within the past 7 days with a report that has not changed in over a year and the environment other then the underlying Microsoft Windows Server Patches being applied over the weekend.

Issue: The report prints text boxes some of which are populated via a cut and past others that are typed in tied to a specific event record. The text boxes where the user types into the system are rendering fine. The ones where the user cut and pastes the data print fine from SRRS or on the portal via the print function, however, when exported to a .pdf the .pdf renders with no spaces for example thequickbrownfoxjumpedoverthelazydog. There is no issue with the user input boxes. This report has not changed in over a year and neither has the Sharepoint Portal it is on. The problem also exists when I run and export in SSIS locally. Additionally, I have .pdf copies of the report form last week and three weeks ago that show the same text boxes (older records that were copy and pasted) rendering in the .pdf fine. I have no idea what is causing this. I don't want to have to modify the report and the only thing that has changed is we did our monthly patch weekend to the server for the latest Microsoft patches and updates.

Also when I run the report then use the print function but use doPDF a free .pdf writer the .PDF file is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• What does the data look like in SQL Server?

• The data in SQL Server is fine. The issue was resolved by inserting this code into the report field. I am not certain what changed in the report or why this code is required but it fixed it. SSRS apparently has problems with the horizontal tab character still not sure why it suddenly broke.

Replace(Fields!E_NARRATIVE.Value, Chr(09), " ")

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply