SSRS 2005 (Creating Parameters)

• Hi.

Can I get help with my parameters.

I have a parameter called Country and this field have only have three countries (South Africa, Zambia, Namibia) within it.

The problem is whenever I select one country from the drop down list all three countries always appears.

I have tried both ways of creating parameters On REPORT PARAMETER window (using From query and Non query) but I always get the same results.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

• Are you saying that the data in your result set is showing values for all three countries?

First check the original dataset query and make sure it is properly set up to query according to the parameters given (or that it takes the parameters at all). When you execute the query from the query window in the SSRS designer does it prompt for a country parameter? Does it return expected results.

Is the parameter a multi select parameter or a single select parameter. Is your dataset query using a WHERE IN or WHERE = appropriately?

• Hi,

My Parameter is a multi select parameters and when I declare my parameter on the WHERE Clause is not allowing WHERE IN @Company , it only allows single select parameter WHERE = @Company.

• For myquery, it should read

SELECT *

FROM Mytable

WHERE Country IN (@Country)

rather than

SELECT *

FROM Mytable

WHERE Country =@Country

It is only necessary to do it this way when using multiple parameter values.

• I am still not clear on exactly where your problem is.

You say you have a multi select parameter. When you go to preview the report, are you able to select multiple parameters?

You say the query won't allow you to use WHERE Country IN (@Country). What do you mean it won't allow you to? What happens if you put in a where clause like this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply