SSRS 2005: Code to show(unhide) parameter doesn’t work from webpage

• Configuration: report is deployed on report server and webpage accesses that report

The code from aspx that hides parameters works fine; it's just the code that shows parameters that isn't working. Attached find a simple report with 1 parameter without DB access, and an aspx page with 1 button to hide the parameter and 1 button to show the parameter

The hide/show buttons worked fine on the dev server, but show button doesn’t work on either of production servers.

Note that it works fine in if run application in VS as well (not on production because those don’t have VS installed) with access of report on report server

see both projects Web app and RS project attached (you really need only report to be deployed on RS server)

Environment:

Dev server: VS 2005 SP1, IIS6, DOTNET 2.0, Win2K3 server SP2

Production config 1: IIS5, DOTNET 2.0, Win2K server SP4, Reportviwer component dll in Bin directory that copied by VS from dev server, report deployed on Win2K3 server, SQL RS 2005 server

Production config 2: IIS6, DOTNET 2.0, Win2K3 server Ent SP2, Reportviwer component dll in Bin directory that copied by VS from dev server, report deployed on same Win2K3 server, SQL RS 2005 server

Thanks in advance!

• The code from aspx that hides parameters works fine

I didn't get it! do you need to show\hide report parameters to the user? and the question is; do you use ReportViewer? if you yes and you need to not show the user the parameters or some of you can mark them as internal from BIDS and pass them here I show how to do that http://ramymahrous.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/building-aspnet-reporting-olap-based-application-part-3/

• ramyamahrous: the code hides properly. The unhide is the one dorsn't work once something is hidden. Did you try to download the files linked? It's very self-explanatory. thanks!

• No, sorry I didn't!

• Apparently copying reportviewer DLLs into BIN directory is not enough for some features to work due to bugs in Reportviewer component that was supplied with original .Net 2.0. Furthermore a SP1 to VS2005/.net 2 didn't address those issues and a special reportViewer SP1 needs to be applied/installed separately. While Production server did have reportviewer redistributive installed, the hotfix was not.

I installed the link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e7d661ba-dc95-4eb3-8916-3e31340ddc2c( make sure to choose a correct version Upgrade or Full) and unhiding params started to work. I also had to remove DLLs from BIN and restart webserver to take effect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply