SSRS 2005 - Cannot read the next data row for the data set.

• Hi,

I'm working on SSRS 2005 and new to reports, I have developed a report and deployed in one of our environment. For the few days we are able to see the report without any issues but suddenly I'm getting the following exception in the reports,

[font="Courier New"]An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help

Cannot read the next data row for the data set "MYDATASETNAME". (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow) Get Online Help

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors[/font]

Report doesn't have any parameters in it & SP which used in the report also doesn't have any parameters.

Please guide me on this issues.

___
    Known Is An Drop,Unknown Is An Ocean....
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• The ReportServer logs should be able to give you a more verbose error description. When I get this error the most common reason is the query is hitting a deadlock.

• Thanks Doug.Brown, But I'm using NOLOCK in my select query.

___
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• That is why the Report Server logs are so important. One can guess that it is a deadlock issue but that is only a guess. The logs will have have more detailed information.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Thanks a lot Doug.Brown & Joie Andrew, I Fixed this issue by going through log file.

Root Cause : I have missed the "GO" between my SP Script & GRANT EXECUTE Script. :crazy:

___
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• Thanks windows_mss

Your reply helped me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply