SSRS 2005

• Hi All,

I was not able to open in VS 2005 and getting below error message:

" The application for project

'C:\Users\Ravi\reports\reports.rttproj' is not installed.

Make sure the application for the project type(.rtproj) is installed. "

I guess the reason could be, I don’t have SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio for 2005.

But, I already have SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio for VS 2008 therefore, I tried to open the Reports.rptproj project in VS 2008 but, I am getting a CONVERT wizard

I kindly request you to provide your valuable suggestions to resolve the issue please

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.

• Hi All,

Is there any compatibility issue like SSRS2005 reports can only be edited with BIDS2005, SSRS2008 – only with BIDS2008 ?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.

• Your biggest issue with converting the reports as BIDS 2k8 wants you to is that you will never be able to open them with 2k5 SSRS tools. As software is usually unable to "look ahead" at upgrades, you should only upgrade your reports if you are sure that you will never be accessing them with older tools.

You can install a separate instance of SQL 2k5 dev tools on your box, so long as you install them to a different path than the 2008 tools. The 2k8 tools probably overwrote your 2k5 tools, so just grab a dev copy of 2k5, reinstall to a new path, and you should be set to work on the reports in BIDS 2k5 without a problem.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply