SSPI handshake

• I am getting this error on the production server having sql server 2005 installed:-

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: 172.18.X.X]

This 172.18.X.X. is the log shipping server...

This is always immediately followed by:

"Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

This error i get sometimes and is random....

Wen i get frustrated ,I restart the log shipping server and this error goes intermittently(for some time)..

any ideas for fixing this error

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• My instance was not with mirrors but in a cluster environment where I continually got "Login failed for user '', with no user being listed.

Round about way I came across an post (can't recall link) that it had to do with the service account password sync. Which in my case was a domain environment. Reseting the password to the same thing and then re-entering it through Configuration Manager cleared up my issue. There were some prior steps attemted such as restarting Net Logon service, but redoing the password was only thing that worked.

Edit: The client connection was showing to the be the SQL server itself, connecting back in. I found this through trace file.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply