SSMS via Citrix could not query An Microsoft Access Database despite of RDP

• Hi dears,

I will explain the case:

1. I have an MS Access Database on Network Share (\\SERVER\MsAccessDB.accdb)
    2. When I RDP to the server and run SSMS on Remote-Host, Then query Access by:

SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0','; Database=\\SERVER\MSAccessDB.accdb', [Query1]);

It returns the results

3. But when I run SSMS via Citrix (Desktop Virtualization), then run the same query on the above.

It returns sometimes below error:

OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Could not find installable ISAM.".

Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server "(null)".

Sometimes Below error:

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server "null". OLE DB provider "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" for linked server "null" returned message "The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '\\Server\MsAccessDB.accdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

Waiting your responses.

Thanks.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply