SSMS v18.5 Replication Monitor showing Red X's

• SSMS v18.5 Replication Monitor showing Red X's under 'My Publishers'.   Anyone experiencing this issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BT
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Hi,

Yes, same issue for me in version 18.5. Despite the red Xs, replication appears to be working normally but it did give me a fright.

• I agree.  Our SQL Replications (Log reader agents, Distributor agents, Snapshot agents) are all running clean with no issue.  It's just when we start up Repl Monitor that the RED X's appear next to every Publisher Server.  I'm hoping Microsoft can address this bug.

BT
  • Same issues with a recent 18.5.1 install (week of 6/17/20).  I have to "Connect to Distributor" in order to get any instance to monitor.

I have a feeling this is a "feature, not a bug" issue in that maybe they were getting problems in the onslaught of connections with larger configurations.  But I would sure like it if that feature came with settings!

• You may install SSMS 17.9.1 side-by-side with SSMS 18.x. I usually don't jump on the latest version since the latest <> the greatest.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply