SSMS Startup Error

• I get the following dialog every time I start SSMS:

SSMS

I'm pretty sure it's related to a recent import I did of Registered Servers (I am moving to an Azure-hosted desktop). But all of the imported servers connect OK and the error does not show which of the servers is problematic, so I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of the issue. Any ideas?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Have you seen this post - old and not the same but similar so may be worth looking at the RegSrvr.xml file :

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/de2ee8c4-8d39-45f3-bffd-d31822ab94aa/error-when-importing-registered-servers-in-management-studio-2008?forum=sqltools

Sue

• Thanks, Sue

I tracked down the only version of RegSvr.XML I could find on my machine and it does not appear to hold the same list of registered servers which I see in SSMS. There's something else going on here and it's taking too long to track down! I suspect the Registry. I need to get on with other stuff, but I'll get back to this when I can.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply