SSMS - Results Tab - Keyboard Shortcut

• Greetings,

In the results tab, is there a keyboard shortcut to copy a whole column of data starting from row number xx?

I currently achieve this via another method by selecting a couple of cells in a column at the appropriate row number and then highlighting them by using shift and the mouse wheel. Ideal when the row limit is small, not practical when the output volume is high.

Whilst I use keyboard short-cuts in the text editor to navigate around and copy lines and blocks of codes, they don't use the same ones in the results output tab.

Cheers

Rob

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• You are just as capable of Googling this as any of us.  SSMS is designed for writing queries, not manipulating the results, so I'm not optimistic that you will find what you are looking for.

That being said, you can use OFFSET to only return the rows that you are interested in and then select the entire column fairly easily.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• I did google, couldn't see anyone ask a similar question nor when looking through keyboard shortcuts could see it, so as a last resort thought I would see if I'd missed anything and there was indeed a keyboard shortcut.

Was well aware I could filter the results in the query.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply