SSMS Freezed

• Hi,

Any ideas on this one ?

The Management Studio just won't let me access anything. The strange error which keeps popping up says that "SSMS is waiting for a response from delay notification. This may be because delay notification is busy and unable to response at this time."

Click switch to..'to switch to delay notification'

Thanks. 🙂

• What were you doing? Is this on startup? Or after you've connected to a system? Have you tried connecting to different systems?

• This was faced by one of the new user of the server whom I had given access to.

After granting access to him he was able to log on to the server(windows authentication)

Then he basically poked around a little. Looked up some tables and other objects. This happened in front of me. And then, when he tried to disconnect SQL Engine, he got this delay notification error.

He told me and I was on my machine connected to same server as a ADMIN. I killed his session as cancled his RDP session.

We assumed everything's fine.

The next morning when he tried to log on again. He got the same warning and wasn't able to do anything.

Well, I googled for reason and couldn't find an substantially satisfying answer.

and the workaround was just right click the open window icon of SSMS in the taskbar.

Strange !!

Kind Regards.

• sql.techo (1/19/2010)

and the workaround was just right click the open window icon of SSMS in the taskbar.

Strange !!

Kind Regards.

I had seen this advice in MSDN forums. I did not give you this info thinking that it was a stupid advice to give... Must be some kind of Bug....

-Roy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply