SSMS Freeze / Delay in connecting new window.

• I’m running SSMS 2016 on the server itself via RDP.

When I open a script from the solution explorer or script a table as a SELECT, the query window opens instantly.

The icon at the bottom left of the window shows ‘disconnected’ and SSMS freezes for 10 seconds (I get the hourglass waiting symbol)

Then the window finally connects and I can go about my business.

Running the following query shows I eventually get connected using Shared Memory via NTLM.

select * from sys.dm_exec_connections where session_id = @@SPID

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

• r5d4 (11/25/2016)

I’m running SSMS 2016 on the server itself via RDP.

When I open a script from the solution explorer or script a table as a SELECT, the query window opens instantly.

The icon at the bottom left of the window shows ‘disconnected’ and SSMS freezes for 10 seconds (I get the hourglass waiting symbol)

Then the window finally connects and I can go about my business.

Running the following query shows I eventually get connected using Shared Memory via NTLM.

select * from sys.dm_exec_connections where session_id = @@SPID

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

I have a related problem with SSMS 2016. It seems that, after being open for a while, when I open a new query, there is a ~30s pause while the connection is established.

To fix the problem, I close and reopen SSMS ... until the next time. Does closing and reopening affect things for you?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Yes, it makes a difference for a short while, but then the problem reoccurs.

Sorry, I forgot to put that in my original post :/

Now that Management Studio is being updated frequently I thought it might depend on that, but the delay is still there (I'm running the November release).

I've tried all sorts of answers from the web to no avail, I wouldn't normally post here!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply