SSMS & Database snapshot

• Looks like the true and false percentages are still showing the old numbers (True 46%, False 30%, It Depends 24%) even though the total number of correct answers shows 100%. Not that it really matters, just a little confusing.

• I didn't changed any answers, just marked them as correct, so it probably still shows the old percentages. Not sure what I want to do here, since I don't want to change what is the correct answer.

• Ok, I don't think anyone will lose sleep over it. Just wanted to bring it to your attention if it wasn't intended.

• Yup I'm one of the 2% who got it wrong.

Because I define SSMS as a GUI. It has menus and icons. Granted I open a big text window and type SQL commands into it and execute them, but it's still a GUI.

Which left me in the land of trying to psychoanalyze the qotd writer as to what his definition of a GUI was.

I guessed wrong.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• Thanks for the question.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/3/2010)

...but I have felt when talking with people over the last few years that using SSMS means using a GUI, not T-SQL code...

SSMS is my definite main editor for writing and running T-SQL, so for me SSMS is both for T-SQL and GUI stuff.

• Thanks for the question, though I didn't have as much of a problem as others since it had been edited by the time I got to it.

• very interesting to come to this question late after it was edited. amusing to see an option 'do not pick this' and 22% of people had!

I thought april 1st had come early. 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• From the e-mail I received on Friday morning, the question was the original question, so it did not mention the "GUI" modification.

So, when I read the question, my answer was "yes" because I did create database snapshot with SSMS while I was learning about it. Because I did not "re-read" the question on the web site, my answer was wrong.

So I lost one point because I did not read again the question, but frankly, I don't think I would have got it anyway 🙂

• The question was little confusing !!

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply