SSMS 2012 appears to be very buggy

• Is it me or does anyone else out there feel like SSMS for 2012 is buggy even after the latest SP

I prefer the 2008R2 version, it is so much more stable. I patched the 2012 SSMS but I still get weird errors like when I click select top 1000... from the table name it cannot find the object. I have to hit refresh to get it to see it again. Other issues I see is that if you open a Maintenance Plan and it wants to convert it and it will not go back and random crashes where I have to use task manager to kill it.

• We (3 DBAs) have not had any issues with our install.

• By the way, we have been using 2012 for over a year, and our software is patched regularly.

• Same as the other user - We have 2012 running over a ton of physical machines and virtual machines with no issue. Unless you want to talk about SSAS 🙂 that is garbage! 🙂 (But you might try PowerShell)

Back on topic !

Have you tried hitting 2012 server from your workstation? It might be interesting to see if you are having an issue coming from a certain location or a certain install.

Hope you get this hammered out soon!

Kind Regards,

Jeremy

• I love SSMS 2012 and have not had any of the issues you describe. I'd reinstall or repair ssms.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply