SSMS 16.3 doesn't run on Windows 10

• I'm am at my wits end. I have Azure work to do and SSMS 16.3 won't launch under my primary and administrative login.   I consistently get the attached dialog.

I've try all the workarounds I can find on Connect, multiple uninstall and re-installs of SSMS 16.3 and VS 2015 Shell,  registry key cleanup but nothing works. I'd need to do Azure AD authentication with different logins so I have to have v16.3.

Anyone have a fix or suggestion?

• i had issues running as a sql server admin user which was not admin on the local pc. I use this

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /noprofile /netonly /user:domain\user "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Ssms.exe"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Perry

Thank you for the reply.   That was one of the Connect workarounds I tried but gave it another whack after confirming my paths match yours (they did).  Here is what I got:

I'm game for trying anything at this point.   I've opened a ticket with Premier support to see what they can do.   I'll post if I get an answer.

David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply