SSMA ERROR Error occurred while collecting data.

• Dear Guys

I would ask you about SSMA, I can't Connect To Oracle Database.

The Following Error:

Connection to Oracle established successfully.

Connection string: Provider="OraOLEDB.Oracle.1";Data Source="(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.1.122)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=odgprim)))";ChunkSize=65535;User ID="system";

Error occurred while collecting data.

Any idea for resolve the problem?

Regards

Tri Hartanto

• Quick question, which version of SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) are you using and does it support the Oracle version in question?

😎

For more information on SSMA, have a look at SSMA Team's Blog[/url]

• Hi Eirikur Eiriksson

im Sorry Forgot the information Detail

On The SSMA Log: The Following Error

[Gui: Error] [4032/10] [2016-08-01 13:33:24]: Exception: Error occurred while collecting data.

site: Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.Collectors.XMetabase CreateMetabaseAndCollectData(System.Data.IDbConnection, System.String, Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.XTree.XNode, Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.UserInterface.IUIProgressBarProvider, Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.UserInterface.IUIStopOperationProvider, Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.Collectors.ICollectionContext)

source: Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Oracle.Generic

at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Oracle.Collector.OracleObjectCollector.CreateMetabaseAndCollectData(IDbConnection connection, String xmlConnectionParameters, XNode xFilter, IUIProgressBarProvider progressBarProvider, IUIStopOperationProvider stopOperationProvider, ICollectionContext context)

at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Oracle.Collector.OracleObjectCollector.CollectData(String xmlConnectionParameters, SecureString password, ICollectionContext context, IDbConnection implicitConnection, XNode xFilter)

at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.Collectors.Default.DefaultObjectCollector.CollectData(String connectionParameters, SecureString password, ICollectionContext context)

at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.Workspaces.Default.MetabaseWorkspaceItem.Connect(String connectionParameters, SecureString password)

at Microsoft.SSMA.GUI.Product.OracleToMsSql.LowLevel.AppConnectToSourceOracle.ConnectToSourceStart(Object guiContext)

I need Migration Oracle 11 To MSSQL 2016,

The Information Detail Operating system On the machine Oracle (Linux) and Machine on Microsoft SQL(Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (RTM) - 13.0.1601.5 (X64) Apr 29 2016 23:23:58 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Evaluation Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor) ) On the Windows Server 2012 R2. The Oracle Client Version 12.1.0 and SSMA Version 6.1.0

Do you have Advice for this problem?

On the Server SQL, i Can Connect to oracle with Linked Server and im Try Connection with Linked Server that is no problem, The Connection is Success.

Thanks a lot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply