SSL/TLS channel error

• Hello,

I am trying to install the enterprise version of SQL Server 2016 on a Windows 10 machine. When downloading and doing the installation, I am getting the following error:

Failed to execute activity DownloadRulesOnlyActivity

The SQL installer file 'SQLRules_x64_ENU.exe could not be downloaded. The following information might help resolve the problem:

Description: 'The request was aborted. Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel'

• Hi kumararan22,

There are a few possible causes for the installer to be unable to download a required installation file with that error. Check if your workstation's time and date are correct; if they are, I'd guess there's something on network preventing the installer from establishing the required SSL connection. For example you may be experiencing deep-packet inspection by your network's admins, a webportal preventing you from accessing the Internet, or your workstation could be configured to use a proxy.

Can you browse to normal HTTPS pages, e.g. https://google.com without issue?

Could you see if you get the same error when you try downloading the installer from another internet connection?

Do you get a related error in the System Event Log when you get this error from the installer?

Andrew P.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply