SSL in SSRS 2008 R2

• We have SSRS 2008 R2 instance on Windows 2008 R2 server.We need to put SSL security while making connection to SSRS service.We have self signed SSL certificate and we called this certificate through SQL Server configuration manager on port 443.HTTPS reporting Url is then created but when we are connecting to this url it always asks for username and passoword.When we are enetering correct username and passowrd even then we are not able to connect to reporting services and it keeps on asking for username and password.

Normal url without ssl is still working fine and we are able to connect after providing username and password.

Urgent help is highly appreciated.

• Have you gone through this document? Please cross check your steps.

Configuring a Report Server for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Connections

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345223.aspx

• Same document was followed by me but in vain.

please suggest.

• Ensure your certificate is for the computers FQDN and not just the computername. I.e. myserver.somedomain.com and not myserver

Ensure you have imported the certificate correctly.

Ensure you have bound the certificate correctly to the web component via Reporting Services configuration manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Ensure your certificate is for the computers FQDN and not just the computername. I.e. myserver.somedomain.com and not myserver

Ensure you have imported the certificate correctly.

Ensure you have bound the certificate correctly to the web component via Reporting Services configuration manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply