SSISDB - where to find the dtsx XML text

• I am trying to find out where the DTSX packages are stored in the SSISDB.  I found numerous articles on how to pull that information when the packages are deployed to the msdb database but really having a hard time finding anything on the newer deployment style for the SSISDB.  Any help getting in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

• The content of SSIS packages is encrypted during deployment, so you can't retrieve that. But you can query catalog.packages to see which packages have been deployed. What are you trying to achieve?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• You can right click and export a project from the SSISDB catalog and save it as a .ispac file. Then you can open visual studio and File, new Project, Import Integration services Project wizard and get your ispac turned into a normal project with dtsx files.

I find this very useful when the old SSIS project source hasn't yet been put in the devops git repository.

Otherwise why do you need to find where this is stored??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply