SSIS - Truncation Warnings

• I applied this solution but it keeps on changing the warning from souce to destination and back and forth.

Here is my issue and it just keep on torturing me.

My source is CSV and I have one column that has length of 50

My destination is OLE DB, and there; that column's length is 15

I have to set the error as ignore and process shows Green but table is empty.

I set the coulm to 15 at source (csv) and warning switches from destination to Source

I do the refresh and warning comes back to destination

• Hi zeeaay,

I´m facing the same problem. I opened the advance editor of every step and refresh the metadata but in the Ole Db Destination the metadata is wrong. I'm also using CSV files as the source. It is just a warning and I know that it won't be any error, but a warning symbol in the DFT is not nice.

Any comment would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Paul Hernández
  • So would some one a guru of SSIS will be able to rescue us out and the nation. Please do share your success experience and expertise achieved over the years.

sometimes minds just gets frozen and there is no bail out.

• Hi all,

Finally, I just erased the Ole Db destination, added a new one and that's all, problem solved. It seems like a sincronization problem between the metadata and the UI. Please let me know if it works for you?

Kind Regards,

Paul Hernández
  • Hey Paul,

thanks a bunch. I will try and let you know how it comes up.

Regards,

• That did not work for me.

So what I finally did for a csv source to Table. I added a data convesion task and the one coulum which was a headache, I created alises for that and then set that coulmn's the data type as the destination table.

so it worked and all got copied but I don't like it.

I am going to try Excel now and I am afraid it not going to work

• right click on component and click show advanced editor. you can change the meta data column type

• Its hard to debug and see where exactly the issue is .But one quick solution is

step 1 : delete the destination component

step 2 : Recreate the same component

Step 3 : Create the object instead of using existing table/file(by click on new button) .

Step 4 : Check the step 3 generated script with existing one.

Step 5 : Modify the previous one or Rename the new table with actual .

@mit 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply