SSIS Transaction Rollback

• Hi,

I Created the SSIS Package like Parent Package that calls the Child package. I have applied the transaction for Parent [Required] and child package[Required].Which means 2 transactions are involved in this package.On the successful execution of the parent package the child package should execute. This is my business case. If any problem occurs in the Child package the rollback should happen in the Child package itself. But in my case it rolled back the Parent also, eventhough the parent has been executed successfully.

Please any one help me how to avoid the rollback for the parent package?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yuthan.

• Keep the child package out of 1st transaction...

Child package should be called using the Precedence Constraint = Success..

------------------
    Why not ?

• First, the parent package CONTAINS the child package. The success/failure of the parent package is not determined until it finishes executing and it cannot finish executing until each of its components INCLUDING THE CHILD PACKAGE finishes executing. The other tasks in the parent package may have completed successfully, but the parent package itself is still executing.

Also, just specifying that transactions are required is not sufficient to create a new transaction. If there is an existing transaction that the task can join, it will do so rather than creating a new transaction. Since the parent package has already created a transaction, the child package will join that transaction unless you force it to create a new transaction. You force it to create a new transaction by specifying that transactions are not supported on the "execute package task" in the parent, but requiring transactions in the child package.

Drew Allen

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply